Founder2015 - PRESENTBrutalism
Technologies: Shaders, OpenGL, Clojure, Unity3D
- Founded a private practice focusing on computational design and art.
Computational Geometry Engineer2018 - 2019Arkio
- Worked on the core engine supporting Arkio's computational geometry operations in VR.
- Implemented various algorithms for spatial segmentation, primitive composition, and solid modeling.
Lead Augmented Reality Engineer2018 - 2019Infiniverse
Technologies: ARKit, Unity3D
- Built parts of an augmented reality content creation platform and marketplace running on the blockchain.
- Designed and architected the global positioning and coordinate system translation algorithm which converts from "real world" (geographic) coordinates into AR coordinates.
- Designed and implemented a land subdivision and ownership solution which allows users to buy parcels of land in the real world through the AR app.
Lead Augmented Reality Engineer2017 - 2018La Siesta Technologies
Technologies: Swift, ARKit
- Created an augmented reality application for iOS which helps a Spanish construction company measure and model staircase-attached chair elevators for disabled persons.
- Designed and implemented a user-friendly application which lets company inspectors easily capture (via AR) the shape and dimensions of the staircase and save it for later processing.
Senior Unity Developer2017 - 2018Cortina Productions
- Worked on interactive on-site installations for the Royal Alberta Museum and the National Comedy Center.
- Created multi-touch, multi-screen interactive experiences in Unity 3D.
- Built a client-friendly installer format for easy on-site installation on custom hardware.
Senior iOS Developer2016 - 2017Apple
Technologies: iOS, Swift
- Created and shipped an internal (employee only) iOS application for Apple.
Senior iOS Developer/Engineer2015 - 2016Work & Co
Technologies: Lua, Swift, iOS
- Worked on the Virgin America iOS application.
Lead iOS, Unity, and Back-end Developer2011 - 2015Nordeus
Technologies: Scala, Java, C#, Unity, Objective-C, iOS
- Led iOS development on Top Eleven for iOS (1.5 years), and then led Unity3D development (3 years). Also contributed to UX design, low-level network code, and experimental game servers.
Lead iOS Developer2010 - 2011NextWidgets
Technologies: Git, Xcode, Objective-C
- Built the NextWidgets iOS shopping widget, which enabled clients to embed micro shops inside of their own iOS apps.
iOS and Back-end Developer2009 - 2010M2E Consulting
Technologies: Subversion (SVN), Mercurial, Apache, PHP, Xcode, Objective-C
- Developed a suite of prototype apps and web services for making inspection and monitoring easier for construction industry clients.
Software Engineer2008 - 2008Google Summer of Code | Nmap
Technologies: GTK+, Subversion (SVN), Eclipse, Python
- Designed and implemented the network mapping mode for Zenmap, a dynamic visual representation of the scanned network.
Software Developer2007 - 2008FIS
Technologies: SQL, GDB, GCC, C
- Debugged business logic code and fixed database issues on Sybase and Oracle database platforms.
Software Developer2007 - 2007Google Summer of Code | OpenMRS
Technologies: Apache Tomcat, Subversion (SVN), Eclipse, MySQL, Hibernate, JSP, Java
- Designed and implemented the core logic service architecture that allowed medical staff to make rule-based queries to the database in a human-friendly way.