Contractor2015 - PRESENTCox Automotive
- Awarded a seven-figure contract to rebuild a client’s CMS using Adobe Experience Manager, defined best practices for its use, and implemented a framework that enabled the business to iterate up to 1,000x faster on its marketing initiatives.
- Implemented a transaction marker that helped pinpoint the source of issues within their massively distributed, multi-team application infrastructure (multiple languages).
- Built a throttling system in Java that could be used by any team to throttle HTTP requests based on the responsiveness of the endpoints, and could, therefore, be responsive to increased in demand.
Managing Partner2015 - PRESENTFoureyes Labs
- Performed technical due diligence on deals ranging from $100,000 to $10,000,000 for various clients.
- Designed and implemented a rapid-development plan with the goal of testing the revenue potential of at least one new product idea each month, achieving a 20% success rate in the program’s first year.
- Managed all corporate finances including taxes, budgets, cash flows, and the development of a financial model for budgeting and forecasting.
- Built a distributed lottery application on the Ethereum blockchain using Solidity.
- Created a self-driving car operating system using ROS, C++, Python, and TensorFlow that won a competition to be implemented and tested on live roads.
Lead Backend Developer2020 - 2020Human Factors, LLC
- Designed & built the backend API using NestJS from scratch in just 3 weeks to be ready for FDA studies.
- Created local development environments and pipelines using Docker that mirrored production for rapid developer onboarding.
- Onboarded & managed 3 new developers over the next 8 weeks that lead to successfully delivering the 2nd phase of functionality for FDA studies.
- Acted as the Product Owner, Lead Architect, and Project Manager for the backend functionality, leading to a successful launch with no known bugs.
- Lead the effort for proactive error detection and mitigation by implementing Sentry.io and configuring integrations.
Technical Architect2019 - 2020Caterpillar
Technologies: Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Java, Angular, .NET, C#
- Operated as a technical lead for teams when they needed advice, architectural guidance, added bandwidth, or help debugging.
Python Developer2019 - 2020ACAC, Inc
Technologies: HubSpot, MySQL, Python
- Implemented systems to reduce the application's fragility, such as retry logic and bug fixes.
- Augmented the existing API to add new functionality.
Lead Architect2018 - 2020Caterpillar
Technologies: Docker, Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Angular, .NET, C#
- Ported an existing Excel spreadsheet to a webapp that enabled better data tracking, sharing, and usability, which increased sales.
- Worked with the client to define and estimate the tool's features and functionality.
- Created the original framework for the application and infrastructure.
- Brought on four team members and lead them through the implementation of the remaining functionality.
- Built the deployment and testing pipelines.
Senior Java Developer2018 - 2020Caterpillar
Technologies: Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Spring, Java
- Ported over legacy functionality to cloud webapps in Azure.
- Implemented systems to reduce the application's fragility.
- Implemented systems to maintain the application's performance across releases.
Chief of Engineering2018 - 2019Linq3
- Came in just 6 months prior to the sale of the company with objectives to assist in the sale, improve quality & efficiency of engineering team, reduce development time & costs, streamline business operations, and provide startup M&A experience.
- Assisted in the sale of the company for upwards of $40M in assets, leading the transition team.
- Reduced release cycle time by 60% by implementing automated regression testing focusing on automated deployments.
Senior Java Developer2018 - 2019MMCL Group LLC
Technologies: AWS, Hadoop, Java
- Swapped out an existing data integration with a new provider.
Enterprise Architect2016 - 2018Surefire Social
- Managed the integration effort to be able to sell Promio's product offering as an up-sell to Surefire's application suite.
- Re-architectured queries in PHP & MySQL code to increase performance on the dashboard and other reports.
- Managed a team of five remote developers.
Chief Technology Officer2016 - 2016Promio
- Led the architecture of a new product line that became the face of the business after only six months.
- Moved the business from post-billing to pre-billing, drastically increasing cash flows.
- Designed 2-way integrations with three major digital advertising channels - Google, Facebook, and Bing.
- Helped in the sale of the company to a larger marketing technology company (Surefire Social) after only 11 months.
Chief Technology Officer2014 - 2015m2M Strategies
Technologies: Python, Go, Windows PowerShell, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PostgreSQL, Java, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET, C#
- Directed product strategy through market research and interactive customer analysis.
- Lead two teams of eight engineers, one that managed the technology products and another that reacted to the day-to-day needs of the business.
- Designed a data integration framework used to streamline client onboarding, cutting onboarding time down by a factor of 10.
- Managed all client and strategic request prioritization across the organization.
- Implemented a queue-based load leveling communication system to assure high reliability and scale between 13 highly utilized production systems.
Director of Technology2014 - 2014m2M Strategies
Technologies: Windows PowerShell, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET, C#, Java
- Architected the integration between GetOne and m2M's products into a single product suite.
- Managed a technical team of six on-site developers.
- Coordinated the consolidation of 3rd-party mobile applications development back in-house.
- Implemented project management tools to increase team efficiency and better track deadlines.
President & Chief Technology Officer2012 - 2014GetOne Rewards
- Directed product strategy through competitive and market analysis.
- Oversaw all technological decisions & implementation.
- Managed a team of eight developers (five on-site and three off-shore).
- Redesigned web architecture for scale using Amazon's AWS infrastructure.
- Managed 3rd-party mobile applications development for Android and iOS operating systems.
- Coordinated and negotiated funding contracts for Series A & B investment rounds.
- Contributed to ongoing business plan and strategy for the company.
Software Development Engineer2012 - 2012Amazon
Technologies: Workflow, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Hibernate, Java
- Built infrastructure through Amazon’s Simple Workflow Service to efficiently process the amortization of 20 million Amazon Prime payments each month.
- Gathered and organized project requirements from various stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Compiled design and test-case documentation to facilitate the ease of continued development.
Co-Founder & Lead Developer2010 - 2012GetOne Rewards
- Managed technological–based business decisions for the company.
- Assured simple integration of team member’s products.
- Constructed internal database from scratch in JDO and then SQL.
- Built mobile device communication API employed by 500,000 users.
- Developed smart phone applications for Android OS.
- Coordinated and negotiated corporate organization contracts between LLC owners.
- Contributed to original business and funding plan for the company.
Software Engineer2011 - 2011
- Built Google Docs plug-in for the Publisher portal of the Google Currents application used by thousands of publishers worldwide.
- Architected and built a versioning system that facilitated the release of new features in phases to different groups of users (analogous to A/B testing).
Teaching Assistant2009 - 2011Georgia Institute of Technology
Technologies: Assembly, C++, C, Java
- Taught recitations twice a week to advance students’ knowledge of course material.
- Created programs to efficiently grade submitted homework and projects in a fraction of the time.
- Maintained grade-book records for 100+ students per semester.
- Hosted office hours during the week to enhance availability and increase hands-on learning.
- Assisted students in any way that helped further their education.