Lead Developer/Architect2017 - PRESENTCharter Schools USA
Technologies: Celery, RabbitMQ, Docker, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, AWS, Django, Python
- Led the development of an education-related project with a team of five people. I'm the architect, mentor, and key developer.
- Created deployment pipelines on AWS for development and production deployment to build Docker containers, run tests, and deploy to the server/Elastic Beanstalk.
- Designed a solution allowing seamless processing of compute-intensive data to and from the application.
- Developed an integration with third-party services (NWEA, Easybridge, Powerschool, Clever, Lexia, etc.).
- Designed and implemented a data warehouse data structure and permission model (in Snowflake).
- Directly communicated with the customer (the Education Department) to assess their needs for the project and deliver the product on time.
Data Engineer2018 - 2018Tule
Technologies: MySQL, Redshift, Python, AWS
- Engineered software to ingest big data.
- Normalized and consolidated data.
- Integrated AWS Aurora and AWS Lambda.
Senior Developer2016 - 2017Betasmartz
- Built an investment estimation tool for the robo-adviser.
- Implemented a number of code improvements to gain up to 600% performance optimization.
Senior Developer/Architect2015 - 2016Healthsense, Inc.
Technologies: MySQL, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, RHEL, Celery, MongoDB, Django, Python, Problem Solving, Continuous Integration (CI), System Architecture
- Introduced, designed, and made a technical assignment to build a distributed infrastructure to support scalable execution of time-consuming jobs based on existing processes.
- Upgraded long-running periodic jobs to support the distributed infrastructure, making the jobs scale horizontally.
- Optimized periodic jobs to run 40x faster to offer users 4x fresher data and significantly reduced server load.
- Introduced continuous integration and automatic deployment.
- Created deployment scripts that decreased deployment time, proved to significantly reduce the human factor.
- Performed data analysis of ~200 million records using map-reduce and task-specific algorithms.
Senior Developer/Architect2012 - 2015ClutchRetail, Inc.
- Created a distributed price tracker to monitor ~600k web pages per day.
- Designed and implemented an AWS-backed autoscaling distributed system to support the price tracker and web interface.
- Developed a bookmarklet to let the users add their own products from any website.
- Made an extension for the Chrome browser with extended bookmarklet functionality.
- Utilized automatic deployment.
- Developed automatic website parsing with PhantomJS to work with the price tracker.
- Made a Sphinx-based full-text search for over 2 million tracked products.
- Created an online email designer system (create/edit/manage client email templates in the browser).
- Developed a REST API with social network authentication.